[PitsLamp-short] Portrait I.

It’s been a while, in the last 6 months lots of stuff happened in work, social and personal life. All of which stopped me from updating, all excuses I know, so here is a recent photo to make it up.

20141022_ilja_studio-01028

Earlier this year, I got to test a sony A7 camera and I kinda fell in love with it. So after a busy summer, I purchased one and I also got some adaptors to use the vast collection of old lenses I have laying around. I tested this out in my studio last night and did a short portrait session with I.

Pitsmobiel

20140210_pitsmobiel_shoot-55041-Edit-Edit

Those that have met me during the last 5 year have probably seen the “Pitsmobiel”. It was a black Citroën Berlingo, as it was a lease for 5 year, the lease ended yesterday. I already received my new “Pitsmobiel” a Ford Focus last saturday, so I decided to do a little photoshoot.

I asked my intern/assistant Ilja to stay till dark and with some more help, we created this photo with only 5 speedlights and a long exposure.

[PitsLamp shorts] iMinds advertising banner

iMinds advertising photo

In October the independent research facility IBBT changed it’s name to iMinds. They hired me to do some advertising photography for the resulting campaign.

This image was shot on a green key and extracted in Photoshop so it could be used in the design.

Don’t forget you can still book a portrait session with a big signed darkroom portrait print and decide yourself how much it’s worth: More info

Happy accident

Happy mistake: Tunde Fekete

Sometimes all you need to get great looking photos is a stupid mistake on your part. Let me explain that.

Last week, I was helping out a fellow photographer Gunther Frans during a portfolio shoot. As Gunther was working with a very experienced hungarian model, I asked if I could take some shots with my Mamiya RB67. I wanted to test some new film and try out the RB67 in a studio setting.

Happy Mistake: Tünde Fekete

After finishing the roll of Rollei Retro 80S I unloaded the camera, licked the paper closing strip and threw it in my bag. Apparently due to the high temperature in Gunther’s studio, the closing strip came lose and when I got home, the roll was partially unravelled. I should have put it in it’s container, taped it shut and only take it out of the container in my darkbag. Off course I presumed the roll would be ruined but just for the heck of it, I developed it anyway.

As expected most of the roll was overexposed, but I managed to recover 4 images, of which 2 turned out absolutely great. Now I need to figure out a way to get consistent results with this kind of light leaks.